This easy-to-prepare dish you can enjoy in a matter of minutes as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 lb medium size shrimp, peeled and de-veined
2 TBS + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and pepper to taste
3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of your favorite peanut sauce
1. Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
2. Peel and devein shrimp.
3. Rub shrimp with 2 TBS lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
4. Heat 3 TBS broth over medium-low heat in a stainless steel skillet.
5. When broth begins to steam, add shrimp and sauté. Stir frequently. After 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over and add garlic. Sauté until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout (approximately 3 minutes). Cook 4-5 minutes for large shrimp. Shrimp cook quickly, so watch your cooking time or they will become tough.
6. Dress with extra virgin olive oil and the remaining 1 TBS lemon juice.
7. Serve with mixed greens and top with your favorite peanut sauce.