Health Benefits of Cinnamon
1. 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
2. Cinnamon may help treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
3. Cinnamon has antifungal properties, and it’s been said that candida cannot live in a cinnamon environment.
4. Cinnamon can reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
5. Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
6. Honey and Cinnamon combined has been found to relieve arthritis pain.
7. When added to food, cinnamon inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
8. Just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
9. Cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
10. Cinnamon has been found to be an effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraine relief. Cinnamon can also help stabalize blood sugar (which is great for weight loss). A couple of dashes in your morning tea or cereal is all it takes!
Health Benefits of Oregano
– Thymol and carvacol compounds present in oregano are beneficial in aiding digestion and treating stomach upsets. Drink a glass of water with two to three drops of oregano oil for relief.
– Oregano is known to relieve menstrual cramps. Chew a few leaves thrice a day to seek relief.
– Severe cold and lung congestion can be treated using oregano oil. Add a few drops of this oil to a glass of water and drink for about three to five days.
– Oregano oil contains antibacterial and antiviral properties, and is useful for treating skin infections.