Fatima Karim of St Rose’s High School pursued 20 subjects at this year’s Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Examination and earned 19 grade ones and one grade two earning her the top spot in the country. In an interview with New Room GY, she said..
“I feel really really excited and proud of myself, really happy…the hardest subject for me was Office Administration alone.”
Fatima shared that her reason for pursuing 20 subjects is to win a scholarship offered by the Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) to further her studies.
“I pursue 20 subjects so that I could have a scholarship so that I am able to continue my studies…there is the CXC scholarship for the most outstanding and the Science; which are the only two I can apply for. The most outstanding is if you do the best in the region and the Science is if you do the best in Science out of the whole Caribbean” the St Rose’s student related.
The aspiring Petroleum Engineer is hoping to get into the University of Texas (Austin)….
Other notable achievers include:
- Kayshav Tewari of Queen’s College with 19 grade ones.
- Aadilah Ali also of Queen’s College with 18 grade ones, 3 grade twos and 1 grade three.
- Ramkumarie Ramdass of Sarawati Vidya Nakitan, 3 grade ones. SVN is a Hindu Secondary School in Cornelia Ida, WCD, Guyana
- Sariah Singh of Queen’s Colleges obtained 18 Grade Ones.
- Kimberly Najab of Sarswati Vidya Niketan obtained 16 Grade Ones, and three Grade Twos.
- Pritisha Baldeo of Saraswati Vidya Niketan gained 14 Grade Ones and three Grade Twos.
- Angelie Persaud of Queen’s College gained 13 Grade Ones and Three Twos.
Congratulations to all of the Top Achievers of the CSEC! You Rock!