Guyanese Girls Rock is movement created by Cloyette Harris-Stoute to empower and celebrate the accomplishments of Guyanese women and girls across the globe. Visitors to our Blog will find inspirational stories of accomplished female achievers of Guyanese heritage who are finding professional and academic success internationally.
The Guyanese Girls Rock Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2016 that is dedicated to empowering Guyanese women and girls to create their own paths to success through self-empowerment, personal development, and scholarships.
Our Born to Rock Leadership Program will provide young women between the ages of 12 and 18 with access to resources, and facilitate mentoring from influential female role models and accomplished women in positions of leadership.
The Guyanese Girls Rock Scholarship Fund (GGRSF) will help college-bound young women of Guyanese heritage to become the next generation of female technology leaders. Successful applicants will receive financial stipends or assistance to purchase new laptop computers.
Ways to Help
If your share our values of women empowerment:
- Help us to provide free access to resources, information & technology by submitting your organization/programs for our Community Board.
- Make a Financial Donation. Your support will help to support our leadership program and scholarship fund.
- Volunteer your time and services to the organization and/or mentor our young women.
- Contribute to our fundraising efforts by shopping at our partner stores: GGR Spreadshirt and GGR Zazzle Gift Shop.
- Celebrate other Guyanese women and girls who are making a difference in their communities. If you know a Guyanese woman or girl who rocks, tell us about her via email at email@example.com with the Subject “This Guyanese Girl Rock.” See submission guidelines here.